4X Space-Strategy Game Horizon Enters Beta: New Trailer/Screens
Iceberg Interactive has just announced that L3O Interactive’s Horizon 4X space-strategy title has just entered beta, and can now be played via Steam’s Early Access program.
Fans of deep strategy games will surely appreciate the level of control that Horizon offers burgeoning Galactic Commanders. Gamers will be tasked with discovering new planets, colonizing them, and then using its newfound alien technology to turn the newly formed colony into a galactic center for trade. This is only part of the Horizon puzzle though. Gamers will also have to defend their colonies and trade centers with massive fleets of space faring vessels with ship-to-ship tactical combat.
To learn more about Horizon and the changes that its beta introduces, head on down past the break. You can also view its latest trailer and a few new screenshots.
Horizon is a PC only game that is now available for $24.99 from Steam’s Early Access program.
Horizon Beta Details
A more challenging game experience:
- A.I. now dynamically adjusts its aggressiveness against the player
- A.I. now plans and executes various military actions with the help of an overall mastermind, several types of tacticians and a fleet coordinator
- Improved path finding for ships
- A more balanced game economy and colony population rates
- Colony management will now require more decision-making and allow for specialized worlds
Other changes and additions:
- A race report view has been added that keeps a history of major events relating to the race
- Additional story missions have been added
- 12 new Human ship designs added
- Improved UI and higher resolution animation scenes
- Galaxy generation with many more stars for bigger and longer gameplay sessions
- Many fixes and better handling of non-standard windows system configurations
Horizon Game Features:
- Advanced turn-based tactical combat for 4X fans
- Full tactical ship control includes managing movement, weapons and more. Board other ships, attack from planetary and orbital defenses
- A distinct open-world system, where ships can explore without artificial limits and where combat can span many turns before concluding
- Engage in meaningful diplomacy choices that will impact the game outcome, includes coordinated actions with allies against enemies
- Discover more than 80 technologies each with 10 levels of upgrades. Conduct planetary surveys and dig for artifacts
- Design and customize ship weapons and systems based on available technology
- A detailed economy and colony management system with different types and levels of colonies based on players’ building choices
- Play in different galaxy configurations from a few dozen stars to over 100 star systems containing more than 1,000 planets
- Interact with alien races of different levels, including ancient civilizations featuring their own unique storyline, schemes, ships and technology
- An immersive galaxy storyline with open-ended missions that add another layer of gameplay over classic 4X mode which is also available
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”