Do you think we’ll ever get a game that isn’t laden with bugs on launch anymore? I can’t remember the last time I bought a game and it worked as it should right out of the box. So much for quality assurance right? Anyway, outside of COD: Black Ops having a horsesh*t mode for the Veteran setting, it also has some glitches in the multiplayer component. Good thing the guys at Treyarch are all over it. JD_2020 over on the Black Ops forum, has posted some of the new bugs and their fixes, as well as other plans to fix some of the errors. I must say that I really haven’t seen any of these, but I also haven’t spent much time in multi because I suck. Check out the list below. You’ve been not surprised that this game has glitches already…
LIVE FIXES (PS3 and Xbox 360)
- Online number counts were not updating properly; these are now reporting exact online numbers
- Parties getting disbanded when host did not find a match quickly
- Users’ rank and stats can get wiped under very specific conditions
- Radar sweep when there are only 2 players left in One in the Chamber will stop functioning if the 2 players have multiple lives when the sweep starts
- Crash when viewing content (films, clips, etc) in the Community & Recent Games menu
- Villa: User can clip into rock at west edge of grid zone B2 and see through to the other side
- Crisis: User can clip into LVT between grid zone A3 and B3 and see through to the other side
- User can get an infinite number of ‘Sam Turret’, ‘Care Package’ and ‘Sentry Gun’ killstreaks (commonly referred to as the “care package glitch”)
IN PROGRESS (PS3 and Xbox 360)
- Improved matchmaking to find matches faster
- Improved match and host selection; will result in much better networking conditions for all games (a.k.a., decreased lag)
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards stats reporting incorrectly for kills, deaths and assists (All Time leaderboard not affected by this)
- Additional improvements to party system
LIVE FIXES (PC)
- Friends fix for join in progress and Friends tab in server browser.
- Performance improvement for dual and quad core.
- Improved connectivity with Black Ops Rcon tool.
- GameServers.com has bumped sv_maxrate to 25000 across all servers to reduce lag.
- GameServers.com continues to improve official server distribution in various worldwide regions.
- GPU hitching on certain graphics cards.
- Incomplete server browser results.
- Improvements to Quickmatch joins (results with better ping and reduced lag).
- Zombies “The game session is no longer available” error.
E.B. “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”