Capcom Confirms XBL and PSN Demo for Dragon’s Dogma
Capcom has officially announced that a playable demo for their upcoming Dragon’s Dogma action-RPG will be hitting both the Xbox 360, and the PS3 before the game’s official release date on May 22nd. Dragon’s Dogma is being developed by some heavyweights in the Japanese video game community who have created or worked on popular series like Resident Evil, and Devil May Cry. The demo itself will allow players to experience the pawn system that is being hyped for this game, and more importantly if gamers decide to buy the game on May 22nd, their progress from the demo will carry over into the finished game. For more details on Dragon’s Dogma please head on down past the break. You’ve been thinking that this game looks like a cross between Skyrim and Devil May Cry…
Dragon’s Dogma Fact Sheet
Dragon’s DogmaTM is an exciting new franchise which redefines the action genre from the team that produced some of Capcom’s greatest action games. Set in a huge open world, Dragon’s Dogma offers an exhilarating and fulfilling action combat game with the freedom to explore and interact in a rich, living and breathing world.
Dragon’s Dogma introduces an innovative team system to the genre. Known as Pawns, these three AI partners fight independently, demonstrating prowess and ability they have developed based on traits learned over time from the player and their actions. By utilizing Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network players will journey to the Rift where they can share their own Pawns with friends and be rewarded with treasure, knowledge of the world and strategies for taking down enemies. Conversely, players can borrow friends’ Pawns with the specific skills or experience required to tackle a particular quest. In addition, Dragon’s Dogma will ship with thousands of readymade Pawns for players to select offline.
With an epic story and incredible action, Dragon’s Dogma is set to be one of Capcom’s newest hit franchises.
- Resident Evil®6 demo – Dragon’s Dogma will ship with a redeemable token allowing purchasers early access to the Resident Evil 6 demo.
- Highly Stylised Action Combat – The creators of this game were responsible for the action hits – Resident Evil® 4 and Devil May Cry® 4.
- Fight With Ability – The soul of combat comes down to how the game is played, where you strike the enemy, and how you react to their attacks.
- Pawn Them All – The pawn system offers flexible combat assistance with a main pawn companion that you can train throughout the game and two secondary pawns that can vary wildly to fit your combat style.
- Help Your Friends, Help Yourself: To enhance your battle experience, share your main pawn with friends and others via Xbox LIVE or PlayStation Network. Your pawn’s experience as a member of someone else’s game will be passed on to you in loot, knowledge of the open world and strategies for taking down enemies. Or, you can choose one of the thousands of AI pawns included with the game.
- Accessible Depth – Bringing an unprecedented level of depth to the action genre, every decision has an effect on gameplay in an intuitive way that does not require micromanagement. The weight of your weapon, the material of your armor – even the length of your legs – plays a role in how you fight your battles, but does not interrupt the flow of the action.
- Epic Adventure – Dragon’s Dogma is built from the ground up as an action experience for consoles with a continuous, epic storyline that stands alone in style, scope and substance.
- Open World – Utilizing Capcom’s proprietary MT Framework engine and the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident Evil® 5 and Lost Planet® 2, Dragon’s Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration.
- Night and Day – The open world features a dynamic 24-hour day/night cycle that will offer different enemies and surprises depending on when you venture into the world.
- A Rich Population – In addition to interacting with hundreds of fully voiced NPCs, you’ll be able to fight a large variety of creatures, from goblins to griffins and dragons. Each enemy requires a different strategy and provides a unique experience.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”