Cube World Site Launches; Alpha Coming Soon
A game that has teased fans and media alike throughout its development appears to finally be on the horizon. Cube World, the product of one man’s ambitions, has finally launched their official website.
Creator Wolfram von Funck, affectionately known as Wollay, started development for the upcoming PC title in June 2011 as a hobby. What started as a hobby developed into a full blown RPG, complete with character classes, hang gliders, dungeons and much much more.
Taking inspiration from games such as, “Minecraft, Zelda, Secret of Mana, Monster Hunter, Diablo, World of Warcraft and many more,” Cube World looks like it is gearing up to be a hybrid game that can draw in fans of all different genres. For more information on the title which has promised an alpha in the near future, visit Picorama.com for all of the juicy details, from infinite progression to possible pets. You can check out some details and screenshots below.
- Infinite Worlds: A main feature of Cube World is the random world generation. In contrast to many games, worlds are not designed by a level designer, but generated procedurally by the game using math and random numbers. The result is an endless world (nearly endless, i.e. players can’t reach the borders), so players can explore new landscapes all the time.
- Adventure Skills : Being an exploration RPG, an important focus of Cube World is exploration and adventure. In Cube World, players are equipped with a set of skills that a true adventurer needs: Climbing, Swimming, Diving, Hang gliding, Sailing.
- Infinite Progression: Not only worlds are infinite, but so are you character’s progression. This means players can theoretically level up infinitely and put infinitely many skill points into their skill trees.
- Action-Based Combat: Combat in Cube World is based on player skill, movement and reaction. Skilled players can beat high-level monsters, while not-so-skilled players can be beaten by a low-level creatures.
- Classes: The following races are playable: Elves, Humans, Goblins, Lizardmen, Dwarves, Orcs, Frogmen, Undeads. There are separate models for male and female characters. They also have different voices and there are no class-race restrictions.
- Pets: Every player can have a pet which accompanies him during his adventures and assists in combat. A player can possess as many pets as he wants, but only one pet can be active at a time.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”