Definitive Version of ‘Chrono Trigger’ Now Available on Steam
Seemingly out of nowhere Chrono Trigger has released on Steam today, and it comes with all of the content from the game’s various iterations in one package. This version of the game includes:
- Two Extra Dungeons – Includes the mysterious “Dimensional Vortex” dungeon and “Lost Sanctum” dungeon that first appeared in the Nintendo DS® and mobile releases
- CHRONO TRIGGER Limited Edition – Those that purchase the STEAM version until April 2, 2018 will receive the following digital bonuses for free:
- An enchanting and specially edited digital song file containing a medley of five songs: “Far Off Promise,” “Wind Scene,” “Battle with Magus,” “Corridors of Time,” and “Chrono Trigger”
- Composer Yasunori Mitsuda’s digital liner notes
- A collection of six stunning PC wallpapers in varying sizes
- Updated Graphics and Sound – While keeping the atmosphere of the original, this version features optimized visuals designed for modern PCs and a re-recorded soundtrack under the supervision of original composer Yasunori Mitsuda.
- Updated Controls – Optimized PC experience that supports both controller and mouse/keyboard configuration
- New Autosave Feature – Automatically saves while still featuring the original title’s Save Point function
The iOS and Android versions of the game will also be getting the above mentioned updates, and the game is also available on the Amazon App Store for the first time.
You can check out the Steam launch trailer for Chrono Trigger above.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”