Destiny: Rise of Iron Expansion Detailed in New Trailers, Will be Current-Gen Only
Today Bungie officially unveiled Destiny’s next expansion, which is dubbed “Rise of Iron.” The content will feature new campaign content, a new zone called The Plaguelands, and a new social zone called Felwinter Peak. There will also be a new enemy faction called the Fallen Devil Splicers, and new six player raids. Additional updates and bonuses will be as follows:
- More Quests, Weapons, Armor, & Gear to Earn
- New & Updated Strikes
- New Competitive Mode & Maps
- Light Level Increase And more to be revealed later this summer
- ALL Rise of Iron players, regardless of purchase place, time, etc., can earn the Gjallarhorn after completing a specific quest in Rise of Iron.
- Players who preorder beginning June 9th will receive a limited edition Iron Gjallarhorn, featuring distinct black-and-silver visual upgrades.
This expansion will also only be for the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game. Destiny will now be forked between last and current-gen consoles, so if you want to continue your journey you’ll have to upgraded to a modern console.
Destiny: Rise of Iron will cost $29.99 and is set to launch on September 20, 2016. You can check out a trailer for the Expansion above and another for the new Gjallarhorn below.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”