The Overwatch development team has released a new developer update for the game’s 2018 anniversary, which you can watch above. The Anniversary event will kick off on May 22nd, and it will offer new game modes, as well as access to new loot boxes themed around the event.
If you just want to skip around to the sections of the video that interest you most, a breakout of each topic from the update can be found below.
- 00:10 – Overwatch Anniversary 2018 begins May 22!
- 00:25 – We want to celebrate YOU
- 00:40 – Introducing a new Free-for-all Deathmatch map: PETRA!
- 01:14 – You asked, we delivered…
- 01:36 – …announcing our first Free-for-All Competitive Deathmatch Season!
- 01:53 – Log in and receive a free Legendary Anniversary Loot Box
- 02:00 – Anniversary Loot Boxes can contain items from past seasonal events
- 02:57 – Previous seasonal brawls and missions are back!
- 03:25 – New Anniversary cosmetics, including 8 new legendary skins
- 03:36 – Here’s a hint about one of the upcoming new skins
- 03:52 – Thank you for an incredible two years of Overwatch!
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”