Diablo 3 Updates: Player Stats and Hotfixes Focusing on Balance
Blizzard has announced that they’re already working on the next round of hotfixes for Diablo 3, which will bring balance to the Force as Obi-Wan Kenobi may say. They’ve already nerfed the Monk class, and are specifically looking at his Overawe rune for one of his mantras. Although Blizzard doesn’t seem to want to completely change Overawe as they’ve described it as, “good, but we don’t think it’s so far out of line that we’re going to swoop in and hotfix it out of existence.” If you get an update this week expect it to bring additional gameplay balances in line with what is being done to the Monk class. They have more hotfixes in the works, but no specific release dates have been mentioned.
In addition to the Diablo 3 hotfixes Blizzard is also working on the game’s next major patch, which will be v1.0.2. This major update will focus on service issues within the game. This patch should now be in place as long as Blizzard didn’t nuke the Diablo 3 servers while applying it earlier this morning.
Finally, Blizzard also put out some interesting player stats that detail the trends they’ve been seeing since the game’s launch. I’ve posted those below for you to compare your own Heroes to, which should give you an idea with how big of a Diablo 3 crackhead you’ve become. Check them out below, and keep your eyes peeled for incoming hotfixes, as well as the major Diablo 3 patch, 1.0.2. You’ve already started on your second hero’s normal play through in addition to your first’s nightmare play through…
Diablo 3 Player stats since its release
- On average players have created 3 characters each
- 80% of characters are between levels 1 and 30
- 1.9% of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty
- 54% of Hardcore players chose a female character
- The majority of Hardcore deaths (35%) occur in Act I Normal
- The most common level 60 build in the game is only used by 0.7% of level 60 characters of that class (not including Passive diversity)
- The most used runes for each class at level 60 are Barbarian: Best Served Cold, Demon Hunter: Lingering Fog, Wizard: Mirror Skin, Monk: Peaceful Repose, Witch Doctor: Numbing Dart
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”
Via [#ff slashgear]