Square Enix announced today that a brand new mobile game set in the Final Fantasy universe will be making its way to the west this summer for iOS and Android devices. The game is Final Fantasy Brave Exvius, which has been downloaded 6 million times in Japan, and it’s an entirely new RPG for mobile devices.
A trailer and screenshots have been released for the title, which will be free-to-play this summer. The game features the following:
- Traditional, turn-based gameplay with streamlined battle mechanics and intuitive touch controls, making it easy to pick up and play for newcomers as well as long-time fans
- Players will be able to move their characters through fields and dungeons to search for items, hidden paths, and new routes.
- High-quality CG animations of FINAL FANTASY summons
- Appearances from new and characters from past titles like the Warrior of Light, Cecil, Vivi, and Terra
- A complete RPG experience in an easy, portable format for mobile phones
You can check out the trailer above and the screenshots below. You can pre-register for the game now to receive a few in-game bonuses.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”