Taking some heavy inspiration from 1950’s Sci-fi, Fortified takes an alien invasion to new levels with its mix of fast paced third person gameplay and action strategy. The game will have players either playing solo or with up to 3 others as they defend against a host of alien scum with each type varying in style. All the classics are present, from giant walking robots to flying saucers. Fortified appears to be servicing 50’s Sci-fi the best way it can.
Disregarding the game’s highly distinctive looks, Fortified aims to give players loads to play with thanks to multiple weapons and the ability to upgrade defenses. Also available in Fortified are commandable and upgradable units to make defense a little bit more sturdy.
For a full list of features checkout the bullet points below.
- Mix of Game Genres – Combines shooter, real-time strategy, and base defense mechanics in a new and exciting way.
- Retro Sci-Fi – Immerse yourself in a universe that looks and feels like a sci-fi film from the 1950’s. Defend your planet from sky scrapping robot invaders.
- Build the Ultimate Fortification – Fortify your base by planning and building a network of defensive structures.
- Command Units – Direct units on the battlefield using a command system designed for third person gameplay.
- Tons of Weapons at your Disposal – Arm yourself with a vast array of weaponry, ranging from Cold War era weapons to experimental Martian technology.
- Unique Character Classes – Play as one of four classes based on pulp character archetypes, including a jetpack piloting heroine and a secret government agent.
- 4-Player Co-Op – Cooperative gameplay that requires team coordination and strategy to succeed.
- Replayability – Dynamic levels events and character progression will keep players coming back.
Fortified is a while off yet, but take a look at the trailer above and the screenshots below showcasing what the game is about. For more on Fortified keep tuned to Entertainment Buddha for all the Fortified and Clapfoot updates you need. Be sure to check the website for the game for the chance to receive updates on the game on an as and when basis.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”