Bioware continues to roll out free DLC packs for Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer component with the announcement of the Retaliation DLC pack, which will drop next week. A launch trailer has been put out for this new content, and can be viewed after the break. Retaliation will offer a host of new features with a brand new challenge system being the biggest change to ME3’s multiplayer mode. Please head on down below to read up on the full list of what this DLC will bring to your console on 10/9. While you’re down there you can also check out some screenshots for the DLC content. You’ve been thinking Bioware should get a high-five for all of the free ME3 content they’ve released…
Mass Effect 3: Retaliation will be available for download on October 9 on Xbox LIVE® and the Origin™ client software and on PlayStation® Network in North America on October 9 and in Europe on October 10. In order to properly install the Mass Effect 3: Retaliation pack, users must also download and install the latest patch. The entire pack will include:
- New “Hazard” Versions of Existing Maps – Wage war across six maps as a regular rotation of Firebases will be introduced to different hazards and traps. Survive the onslaught of Acid, Lightening, Meltdowns, Sandstorms, Swarms and Whiteouts!
- New Deadly Enemy Faction – Prepare to face off against the Collector Praetorian, Scion, Abomination, Trooper, and Captain. Reports have also come in that Cerberus has enlisted the Dragoon to their ranks and the Geth are deploying new Drones to the battlefield.
- New Unlockable Weapons – The Collectors have also brought deadly new weapons to the fight: the Collector Assault Rifle, Sub-Machine Gun, and Sniper Rifle. Unlock these weapons and new equipment upgrades to build to your arsenal.
- New Class Kits to Unlock – A host of new characters have joined the war to fight this new threat, including the Turian Havoc Soldier, Turian Ghost Infiltrator, and more added as the weeks progress.
- New Powerful Upgrades – Outfit your weapons with three new ammo modifications and fortify your gear with five unique upgrades to defeat even the toughest foes.
- New Multiplayer Challenge Feature – Think you are the best soldier in the Alliance? Make sure to track your progress in the new “Challenges” database. Complete various multiplayer assignments and feats of strength to unlock titles and banners to display in-game, and then compare your progress against your friends.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”