Gaming Roundup: LEGO Star Wars: TFA, Overwatch Successes, and More
Let’s get to breaking down a few of the more newsworthy video game stories from today, which include a new LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer and Overwatch’s launch numbers, as well as a few other tasty tidbits.
The new LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer is another character vignette, and this one features BB-8. Who has easily become one of the coolest new Star Wars characters from the present trilogy of films.
Blizzard has revealed some data surround Overwatch’s launch, which took place last week. The game has been played by 7 million gamers since its release, and a total of 119 million hours have been logged across the available platforms, which are PC, PS4, and Xbox One.
Altus released a new video for The King of Fighters XIV, which you can check out below. It covers the team art of fighting.
Nintendo has announced its E3 streaming schedule. The official details can be found below with links to the streaming locations.
“Nintendo heads to E3 once again and brings the coverage directly to you with a two-day program from Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3! Tune in starting at 9 a.m. PT on June 14 for a day of live-streaming gameplay focused on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U and first live gameplay of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon that kicks off the program!
Day 2 of Nintendo Treehouse: Live at E3 will showcase upcoming releases for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS, including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE! Day 2 will start with a special Pokémon GO developer Q&A at 10 a.m. PT on June 15. You can watch using the links below.”
Finally, 2K revealed the Mafia 3 Collector’s Edition yesterday, which you can learn more about below. It will include the following content:
- Mafia III: Official Soundtrack of New Bordeaux – 180 gram vinyl pressing featuring some of the 60’s greatest hit makers, including Otis Redding & Carla Thomas, Sam Cooke, The Animals, and more. The vinyl is a sampling of the larger in-game soundtrack, that includes an eclectic mix of Rock, Rhythm and Blues, and Pop, all colliding against a backdrop of war, civil unrest, and sweeping social changes that defined the 1960s.
- Mafia III: Original Game Score – 180 gram vinyl pressing of the original game score for Mafia III. Composed by Jesse Harlin and Jim Bonney, two of the industry’s great composers, the Mafia III original game score is a Rhythm and Blues inspired tour through a city ruled by organized crime and corrupt officials, and the setting for Lincoln Clay’s emotional story of loss and revenge.
- Exclusive Collectible Art Prints – Two lithographs from Playboy and the Alberto Vargas Estate representing a vast collection of art for players to discover in-game.
- The Art of Mafia III Collectable Art Book – A 56-page visual look at the creation of New Bordeaux, a new game world fashioned after New Orleans in the summer of 1968.
- Lincoln Clay Replica Dog Tags – 1960s US military issue replicas. These are the tags of a combat-hardened Vietnam vet fueled by the need for military-grade revenge against the Italian Mafia.
- Faux Leather Establishment Drink Coasters – Representing the Paradiso Casino and Sammy’s in-game criminal establishments, these aren’t just souvenirs, but symbols of Lincoln Clay’s motivations for revenge.
- Season Pass – Future post-release downloadable content bundled at a discount.
- For the track listings of the Official Soundtrack of New Bordeaux and Original Game Score, plus complete Mafia III: Collector’s Edition details, visit: https://blog.2k.com/news/en-whats-inside-mafia-iii-collectors-edition.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”