We finally have a confirmed date for the Gears of War 3 beta! If you got on board early and purchsed the Epic Edition of Bulletstorm, you will get a 1 week head start on the rest of the field with the Gears of War 3 multiplayer beta, which will become accessible on April 18. For those of you that passed on Bulletstorm, all you have to do is pre-order Gears of War 3 from Gamestop to gain access to the beta on April 25.
The beta will contain 4 maps (2 chosen by the fans – Trenches and Old Town), as well as 3 of the new game types to appear in Gears 3. The Bulletstorm early adopters will get access to the new Team Deathmatch variant, and then a week later when the rest of the gang is allowed to join Epic will release the King of the Hill and Capture the Leader game types.
If the beta date isn’t excellent enough news for you then you’ll be happy to know that Epic will be providing Gears 3 unlocks for those gamers who participate in the beta. These range from weapon variants to full on character variants in Cole’s trashball skin. I think this is a stellar idea that Epic needs to be thanked for. I love the fact that they’re turning the beta into something more meaningful for us gamers, rather than just using us as test subjects. Check out the complete list of Gears of War 3 beta unlocks below. From the looks of things this is going to be an action packed Gears fest from 4/18-5/15. You’ve been hoping that this beta is everything it claims to be…
Gears of War 3 Beta Unlockables:
- Beta Tester Medal – Complete one match in the beta to unlock the Beta Tester medal, which will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game. The Beta Tester title will be featured in the “Gears 3” multiplayer lobby as well.
- Thrashball Cole – Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock the Thrashball Cole character variant in the beta. Once unlocked, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the beta and the character will carry over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer – Show your ultimate “Gears of War” fandom by unlocking the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock it for the beta, and score 100 kills with it once unlocked to carry the exclusive weapon skin over to your gamer profile in the final game.
- Flaming Hammerburst – Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Lancer – Complete one match during the week of April 25 and unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 2 to unlock this weapon variant.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun – Complete one match during the week of May 9 to unlock this weapon variant.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”