The August update for Gears of War 4 is now live, so Microsoft has issued a new trailer to show off all of the new content. Among the updates are two new maps in Forge Blitz and Canals, with the latter being a franchise classic.
There will also be special Summer of Gears bonuses and new events added with the August update. You can check out the official details below. The trailer can be viewed above.
- New Maps
- Forge Blitz
- Forge Blitz is a tighter, faster pace evolution of the map Forge that builds upon the spirit of the original to create a map filled with new combat experiences. All of this action takes place in a sand-swept factory damaged over time by a Windflare, underneath a blazing hot desert sun.
- You never forget your first run to the Longshot on Canals – and that tense 1v1 showdown that follows. Canals returns in “Gears of War 4,” bringing back the classic triple bridge combat over a shallow canal that was a defining part of the original Gears of War Versus experience. Set in the city of Timgad in the dark of the night lit only by moonlight and street lamps, Canals oozes with that classic Gears of War ominous atmosphere.
- Forge Blitz
- Summer of Gears
- We’re celebrating summer in “Gears of War 4” Versus with an increase to the First Win of the Day Credit Bonus. Every day in August, your first win of the day is worth 500 Credits (an increase from the standard 100 Credits).
- In addition, the second season of the Gears Pro Circuit is on the way – and we’re preparing with Escalation Ring placement improvements to Diner, Impact, Lift and The Slab. These improvements were crafted with our Pro Players at a recent studio playtest, so jump in and check them out for yourself beginning today.
- New Events
- First up, this month’s Craftable Character is a blast from the past: Classic Commando Dom.
- Our monthly Versus and Horde events continue this month with a new Horde variant on August 18th and Classic One Shot One Kill on Canals on August 25th.
- If you’re a Horde fan, our latest Horde variant “Anything Goes” challenges is still active – and now, as of this update, you can play it whenever you want on any map in Private Match.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”