The next entry in the storied Halo franchise is exclusively headed to Windows 8 devices (PC, Tablet, and Phone) in July, and it’s called Halo: Spartan Assault. This top-down shooter is built for a mobile experience and includes innovative touch controls mixed with traditional console-like controls, and it can even be played with a keyboard and mouse on Windows 8 PCs.
Halo: Spartan Assault’s story will focus on the beginnings of the Spartan Ops program, and it will be rooted in the timeframe between Halo 3 and Halo 4. Gamers can take on the role of Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis as they wage battles with covenant forces while stationed on the UNSC Infinity. The game will offer a 25 mission single-player campaign complete with an original Halo tale that will further flesh out this ever expanding universe.
A trailer has been released alongside a few game screens, and both asset types paint a vivid picture of what Halo: Spartan Assault will offer gamers. This game probably won’t cause an influx of Windows 8 enabled device purchases, but it will surely give iOS and Android fans a reason to finally be jealous of Windows Phone and Tablet users.
Halo: Spartan Assault is set to launch in July, and more details will undoubtedly be revealed at E3 next week. Head on down past the break for more information on this Windows 8 only game.
Top features of Halo: Spartan Assault
- Original “Halo” gameplay. An action-packed, single-player campaign spanning 25 missions in battles never before experienced in the Halo Universe, all played from a top-down camera view
- New and immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of “Halo 3” and “Halo 4,” experience a new war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer, all with best-in-class graphics and audio
- Built for simplicity. A unique fusion of touch and consolelike controls for easy pick-up-and-play gaming, with the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse controls on Windows 8 PCs and tablets2
- Integration with “Halo 4.” Earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and unlock emblems for your “Halo 4” Spartan career, with additional integration features available after launch
- Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills against an onslaught of Weekly Challenges while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Medals
- In-app purchases. Grind to earn upgrades or speed up your training by purchasing credits for boosts, unique weapons or armor abilities
- Only on Windows. Available only on Windows 8 PCs and tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”