Bungie, Activision, and even Blizzard had a few things to say today at the Destiny 2 livestream event, so if you missed the ordeal this post should serve as your recap. First and foremost you have to watch the gameplay reveal trailer, which you can do above. If you also haven’t seen all the screenshots you can do that thanks to our massive Destiny 2 screenshot gallery.
Ok, now that the trailer and screens are out of the way it’s time for the details. These are all official statements from Bungie and Activision, so take them as gospel.
Humanity has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Lord Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee their home. Players will venture out into our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, they must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.
Destinations of Destiny 2
- European Dead Zone – The largest destination yet featuring a lush forest, abandoned town, a cave system below the surface, and a Red Legion military base to explore and contest.
- Titan – One of Saturn’s Moons where Commander Zavala is regrouping at the hands of Ghaul. There is no land on Titan. Instead, players explore a series of Golden Age platforms surrounded by a rolling ocean.
- Nessus – a strange and unstable planetoid that has been fully consumed by the Vex where players will find Cayde-6 is caught up in his own adventures in a stunning landscape of sheer walls, lush canyons, and creepy Vex caverns.
- Io – A moon of Jupiter, where Ikora Rey has gone in search of answers. Io is the last known site the Traveler visited during the Golden Age, it’s now occupied by our enemies.
All New Director
- Your guide throughout Destiny 2 in your search for Adventures, Lost Sectors, new Public Events, and more. Players can pick a landing zone, explore, and seamlessly jump into other activities in game.
- Shorter missions with self-contained stories for players to learn more about the Destiny 2 universe and the characters that live there.
- Scattered, enemy dungeon layers throughout the world you can discover with unique boss enemies guarding treasure to earn.
- Unique, optional, dynamic combat activities that players can join on the fly as they roam around the world solo or with up to nine other players.
Play Solo or with Friends
- Story Campaign – Narrative of Destiny 2’s cinematic story where players can also explore in Adventures, Patrols, Lost Sectors, Quests, and Public Events.
Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences
- Strikes – Three-player missions in Destiny 2.
- The Raid – Six-player missions with incredible challenges and rewards.
Face-off Against Opponents in Competitive Experiences
- The Crucible: Competitive 4v4 PvP Gameplay with New Modes and Maps
- Countdown is a new competitive mode where players spawn on either Offense or Defense, and when the round ends you swap sides and roles. The goal is to plant a bomb at the enemy base, and then defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point. First team to six wins. To revive a teammate, you must use a revive token. Power weapon ammo is only granted to the one player who pulls it. Working as a team is the key to victory.
- Midtown is an abandoned part of the City. When the Red Legion invaded, they completely ignored this sector of the City in their takeover. The Legion deemed Midtown was of no tactical importance. Lord Shaxx agrees, which is why it was chosen as a Crucible arena in the first place.
Clan Creation Feature
- New integrated system that allows friends to bring their community and unique culture to the forefront of Destiny. Clans have been fully integrated into the game and will provide official banners, invitations, and their own rewards and experience systems for all members.
- A new feature that brings solo players and clan communities together to play Destiny 2’s most challenging activities including Raids, Trials and Nightfall Strikes.
The PC version will feature:
- 4k Resolution Support (3820×2160)
- Uncapped framerate
- Full mouse and keyboard support with custom key mapping
- Text chat
- Adjustable Field of View
- Detailed PC settings screen
- 21:9 monitor support
At launch, PlayStation gamers will get access to additional timed exclusive content. More will be revealed throughout the summer.
Pricing and Editions
- Destiny 2: $59.99 SRP
- Destiny 2 – Limited Edition: $99.99 SRP
- Destiny 2 – Collector’s Edition: $249.99 SRP
Digital / ESD
- Destiny 2: $59.99 SRP
- Destiny 2 – Game + Expansion Pass Bundle: $89.99 SRP
- Destiny 2 – Digital Deluxe Edition: $99.99 SRP
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”