If you’ve been wanting to freshen your breath with style, or just want to chew on a piece of delicious gum, you may want to check out iD Gum, which is a new product from the Stride gum line. You may ask why a geeky site like ours is pimping gum, but the answer is simple – iD Gum is art, and it can score you some free games via the companion ArtCade app on Facebook, Android, and soon-to-be iOS. Each pack of iD Gum comes loaded with delicious flavors, but more importantly each pack of gum features original artwork from up and coming artists printed on each stick. It’s like eating art for a snack!
For the official details on this intriguing gum brand please head on down past the break to read the press release and fact sheets. If you want to get to some quick, simple gameplay you can head on over to this link to start dabbling in the ArtCade.
Introducing iD Gum –
A Unique Gum That Embraces Teens’ Appreciation for Discovery and Individuality
Kellan Lutz Celebrates the Launch and Unveils the iD Gum “ArtCade” –
An Innovative Online Gaming Hub Featuring 18 Unique Games
NEW YORK, NY – Sept. 20, 2012 – Stride Gum is thrilled to introduce iD Gum. This new gum brand celebrates teens’ creativity and thirst for discovery and individuality and launched last night at a New York City media event. Kellan Lutz was on hand to celebrate the debut, iD’s brand identity and its experiential online campaign.
The makers of iD Gum know that today’s teens are seeking inspiration to discover and explore their multiple passions and by embodying a “kinda” mentality (Kinda more than gum. Kinda amazing.), this gum is designed to accompany them on that journey. The core of the iD Gum brand focuses on the teen experience, believing it’s better to explore individuality by staying open-minded rather than define themselves with a single identity. Event guests experienced both the brand’s online ArtCade gaming experience and a display of the unique pack art in a real-life kinda-arcade, kinda-art gallery atmosphere.
ArtCade is a mind-blowing, totally unique arcade experience featuring 18 innovative, free online games on iD’s Facebook page (www.facebook.com/iDGumPage) and Android (coming soon to iOS). Four games launched on September 17, and new games will be released every Tuesday (unless unlocked early by collecting and scanning the on-pack artwork). Games will include everything from dropping t-shirts on dinosaurs (T-Rex in V-Necks), to collecting sunblock bottles to avoid becoming toast (Ginger Ninja), and countering a sensei’s attacks to prevent him from revealing too much (Censored Sensei).
“I’m thrilled to celebrate the launch of iD Gum because it caters to young people who, like me, want to explore, discover and pursue what makes us curious,” said Kellan Lutz. “As an actor and someone who also enjoys drawing and designing, I appreciate exploring different passions and embracing my individuality. iD Gum really gets that in everything from their package design to their online presence.”
iD Gum offers up a delicious twist to the flavors you love – Peppermint, BerryMelon, and Spearmint – and is packaged in a sleek, innovative, folding pack featuring a new and unexpected magnetic closure. iD Gum is delivered in a semi-transparent cellophane wrapper that hints at what’s inside the pack. Once unwrapped, the pack reveals original artwork sourced from young emerging artists from around the world. There are 18 designs in total – so the more you chew, the more you discover. The MSRP is $1.49 for the single pack and $3.29 for the multi-pack.
iD Gum, which started shipping to retailers across the country beginning August 1, is launching with a fully integrated campaign including TV, Digital and Experiential. TV spots debuted this week and bring to life the brand’s mantra of “kinda” for consumers.
“Today’s teens are really looking for that emotional connection with their brands and are hungry for new ways to explore and display their creativity and individuality,” said Stephanie Wilkes, Vice President NA Confections, Kraft Foods. “The uniqueness of iD Gum – from the artwork to the packaging to its online gaming experience – takes discovery and personal expression to a whole new level.”
Bringing the unique brand experience to teens everywhere, iD Gum will also be travelling across the country this fall via a multi-stop truck tour. “Kinda” a camper and “kinda” a canvas, the truck will bring live enactments of the online ArtCade games such as T-Rex in V-Necks and Electrocutesy, samples of iD Gum and swag for consumers, and in some markets, serve as a mobile surface on which artists can paint. For more information about the tour, including dates and stop locations, visit www.facebook.com/iDGumPage.
ABOUT iD Gum
Launched in August 2012, iD Gum is the newest gum line from Kraft Foods and the makers of Stride Gum. iD Gum features a unique folding pack with magnetic closure and comes in 18 different designs from emerging artists around the world. The gum line offers three unique flavors including Peppermint, BerryMelon and Spearmint. For more information, visit www.iDgum.com or www.facebook.com/iDGumPage.
Kinda more than gum. Kinda amazing.
About the Gum
- Kraft Foods and the makers of Stride Gum are thrilled to welcome a new brand to their family – iD Gum – aimed at teens in celebration of their creativity and thirst for discovery and individuality.
- iD Gum offers up a delicious twist to the flavors you love – Peppermint, BerryMelon, and Spearmint.
- 14 sticks of iD Gum, imprinted with a unique, colorful design are included in each pack – which displays original works of art, further communicating the idea of individuality and expression.
- iD Gum is now available at a suggested retail price of $1.49 for a single pack and $3.29 for a multi-pack.
About the Brand Creative Campaign and Activation
- Teens are sampling their way to what sets them apart, believing it’s better to stay open than define themselves as just one thing.
- The brand’s mantra of “Kinda” (Kinda more than gum. Kinda Amazing.) is designed to inspire teens to discover and explore their multiple passions.
- The launch of iDGum, which started shipping to retailers across the country beginning August 1, is being supported by a holistic marketing campaign, including TV, digital, consumer promotions, PR and in-store.
About the Packaging
- iD Gum comes in a sleek and innovative folding pack featuring a new and unexpected magnetic closure.
- iD Gum is delivered in a semi-transparent cellophane wrapper that hints at what’s inside the pack.
- Once unwrapped, iD Gumreveals 18 unique pieces of original artwork (six per flavor) sourced from young emerging artists around the world.
- Hundreds of pieces of artwork were reviewed before the final 18 were chosen. This artwork represents 13 emerging artists from around the world (U.S., Canada, Argentina, UK, Scotland, Sweden, Spain, Maldives) and represents a diversity of forms (mediums, genres, color).
- Each pack of iD Gum will feature the artist’s signature, gender and country of origin on the inside top tray, behind the gum pieces.
- ArtCade, launching together with iD Gum, is a mind-blowing, totally unique arcade experience featuring 18 innovative online games, each of which is unlocked by collecting and scanning the various packs.
- Four free games launched September 17 (available on iD’s Facebook page and Android, coming soon to iOS) and new games will be released every Tuesday. Or consumers can use the complex image recognition technology that truly reads every piece of unique artwork to scan iD Gum packs to unlock games in advance.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”