In a remote village where everyone is given a specific role, Kim was chosen as their guardian. Peace reigned for centuries, and the warrior role was a mere tradition tracing back to ancient times of conflict.
Soon after Kim turned twelve, a distress call was sensed by her trainer – her own, adorable grandmother – who ordered her to protect the village against an impending attack. Kim was sent to fight without even knowing what violence was. Following a trail of brainwashed minions and high-tech robot soldiers, she would soon find herself in the middle of a world-domination plot carried on by an evil corporation.
Keen‘s main innovation lies in its turn-based movement and attack mechanics. Slide our tiny hero vertically and horizontally to move her around puzzly rooms, or to slash through enemies with her mighty blade. Combat relies on precision-planning of enemy placement – a fresh take on the tactics genre.
- 6+hours of NON-FILLER content
- Unveil Kim’s story as she tries to save the day!
- Discover secret items, unlock new gadgets and get special powers!
- Slash your way through more than 20 unique enemies! Also…boss battles!
- BIG, maze-like dungeons, spanning from mysterious forests, dark catacombs, top-secret underwater labs, orbital military outposts, and pretty much anywhere fiction can lead us!
- Special collectibles that can be combined into perks and power-ups such as telekinesis, teleport, deploying traps and many others.
Keen was an adorable puzzle game that really stood out to me at PAX East 2019. The game developers, Cat Nigiri, turned a basic puzzle game into something fun and addicting. The puzzles can get confusing and difficult to solve, but when you do finally reach the end, it feels fantastic!
Keen will be available on Steam, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Xbox One mid-2019!
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”