Laser League Open Beta Kicks Off This Friday
505 Games and Roll7 have announced that the Laser League open beta is just a few days away, so starting this Friday, all PC gamers on Steam can get a crack at the fun-as-hell TRON meets gladiators competitive title. The open beta will begin on Friday, Jan. 26 at 9:00 a.m. PST and run through Sunday, Jan. 28 at 10:00 p.m. PST on Steam for PC. All players who participate will receive exclusive in-game bonus items, including the Al Shama OASIS 401 Limited Edition Kit, unique emojis and character portraits.
A new quick look video has been released to showcase the joys Laser League can bring to a gamer, so you can check that out above. Additional details and information about the game can be found below.
About Laser League’s Open Beta
Three futuristic international stadiums will be available in the open beta, bringing players a variety of twelve maps, each with a different gameplay style, including:
- Empire Campus Stadium (London, UK)
- Gauntlet: Restrictive map that quickly escalates in complexity
- Spin Cycle: Defensive map with perpetual long lasers
- Geng Hao Megaplex (Tianjin, China)
- Warzone: Multiple short firing nodes
- Crusher: Short moving lasers trap players
- Silvertip Arena (Detroit, USA)
- Y-Control: Long central orbiting lasers and shorter rotating lasers
- Prime: Interlocking lasers that allow players to expand control by owning the center of the map
International players can join the Laser League open beta by joining servers in North America, Europe, Russia and Singapore to experience this content and more, choosing from six classes – each with a unique ability – in their attempt to dominate the pitch and climb the leaderboards. Available classes include:
- Blade: Offers a short-range attack to eliminate opponents
- Smash: Provides a longer-range dash attack, to send opponents flying across the pitch
- Snipe: Allows players to drop a marker and trace a line across the pitch, then teleport back, eliminating anyone in their path
- Ghost: Gives players a few seconds of invincibility to safely grab laser nodes or revive teammates
- Thief: Delivers opportunities to steal laser nodes that have been activated by the opposition
- Shock: Lends powers of electricity to stun rivals
Like all great sports, Laser League is simple to pick up and play, but rewards dedication with deeply strategic possibilities as players learn the complexities of classes and maps. In the open beta, players will be able to gain XP and progress to the highest levels, unlocking customizable items, but progress will be wiped for the upcoming Early Access.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”