What do you get when you cross The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Lost Vikings? I’ll give you a hint: Legacy of the Copper Skies. Alright, that was the answer..not a hint. Coming from Horrible Unicorn Game Studios (HUGS), this game is now on the Square Enix Collective!
In LotCS, players will venture through the industrial world of Grimstad, and wander through the vibrant hills of Ebura. The game features two protagonists: Tir and Isen. Players must utilize both characters’ unique skill sets in order to solve puzzles, annihilate foes, and simply explore.
A habitant of Ebura, Tir has become nature’s force to keep things at peace. Having a very strong set of skills, Tir is most certainly not a force to be reckoned with, seeing that he can transform into a rage beast at any given moment (Tir smash?), and is arguably Ebura’s best hunter.
On the other end of the spectrum, there’s Isen. Isen is an industrial inventor who upholds logic and reason. Essentially, Isen sees the world as a giant collection of parts for her to transform. Always looking for the next best invention, Isen strives to create.
Some features in LotCS include:
- Dual Playable Characters: Take control of two unique characters, each with their own abilities and play styles. Players will need to swap between these two playable characters in order to solve the puzzles, and fight their way through the worlds.
- Learn to Co-operate: Beginning as separate, very different characters, Tir and Isen will learn to co-operate as you progress through the game. Once they do so, players can use this new found ability to rewind time, and play both characters at once.
- Combine Your Abilities: Sometimes your own abilities aren’t enough. In those situations try pairing abilities together in clever ways to produce a stronger ability, or an entirely new gameplay mechanic.
- Narrative-driven adventure: There are no princesses to rescue or silent protagonists here. While navigating the richly-layered story you’ll uncover not only the characters and locations, but their deeper motivations as well.
- Active and Passive Puzzles: Not all puzzles are stationary and passive. In Legacy of the Copper Skies puzzles fight back. Some puzzles may require you to manipulate enemies, or the enemies themselves might even be the puzzle.
- Explore the World: Explore the multiple worlds, all their unique features, and discover hidden secrets.
- Character Progression: Unlock new abilities, powers, items, and other secrets as you explore.
Sound like something you’d be into? If so, then show these guys some love and vote “Yes” on their pitch page!
For more info, stay tuned!
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”