Listen up all of you aspiring content creators out there, there is a new capture card on the market that you are going to have your eyes on. AVerMedia has launched their new capture card, the Live Gamer MINI. This little monster is capable of streaming and recording up to 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second. What is even better is that the service used to stream/capture, RECentral will use the onboard hardware encoder to take some of the heat off of your CPU. Want something else to use besides Xsplit and OBS? Well, the AVerMedia Stream Engine can be used in sync with the Live Gamer MINI to give you the best experience possible. Check out some more specs and pictures below, and be on the look out for our review of the product, coming in the future.
AVerMedia Technologies, Inc., a leader in digital video and audio, today announced it has launched the Live Gamer MINI, a new, entry-level game capture card capable of capturing 1080p HD footage at 60 fps. The Live Gamer MINI, or LGM, is the successor to AVerMedia’s top-selling LGP Lite card, adding driverless micro USB 2.0 support and doubling the maximum frame rate while shrinking the form factor to create AVerMedia’s smallest, most portable capture card to date.
Available now at Best Buy with an MSRP of $129.99, the LGM is the perfect solution for budding streamers—and for gamers who just want to record their gameplay without impacting CPU performance. With plug and play UVC connectivity, it provides an instant solution while offering robust, reliable performance for daily streaming use.
The Live Gamer MINI incorporates AVerMedia’s new Stream Engine plugin that supports third-party software such as Streamlabs OBS, OBS, and XSplit for seamless integration. When recording in
singlemode using Stream Engine, the card’s onboard H.264 hardware encoder allows creators to record video with zero CPU impact. This means that capturing doesn’t get in the way of gameplay performance, and setup couldn’t be simpler. Attach via USB for a driverless connection, plug in HDMI cables, and you’re ready to capture in Full HD. All this in a card small enough to fit in your hand!
· Interface: USB 2.0 (USB Micro)
· Video Input: HDMI
· Video Output (Pass-Through): HDMI
· Audio Input: HDMI
· Audio Output (Pass-Through): HDMI
· Max Pass-Through Resolution: 1080p60
· Max Record Resolutions: 1080p60
· Supported Resolutions (Video input): 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 576p, 480p, 480i
· Recording Format: MPEG 4 (H.264+AAC) / Supports hardware encoding
· Dimension (W x D x H): 100 x 57 x 18.8 mm (3.93 x 2.24 x 0.74in)
· Weight: 74.5 g (2.63oz)
· Bundled Software: RECentral streaming software, Stream Engine plugin
· MSRP: US$129.99
System Requirements (for a dedicated streaming PC)
· Operating Sytem: Windows 10 (to support UVC Protocol for driverless usage)
· Processor: Desktop – Intel i5-3330; Laptop – Intel Core i7-4810MQ
· Video: Desktop – NVIDIA GTX 650/AMD Radeon R7 250X; Laptop – NVIDIA GeForce GTX 870M
· RAM: 4GB (8GB recommended)
In the Box
· Live Gamer MINI (Model GC311)
· USB Micro to Type-A cable
· Quick guide
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”