Mass Effect 3 Character Importation Bug Fix Incoming This Week
Bioware is releasing a patch this week for their smash hit Mass Effect 3 title that among other things will fix the character importation bug that plagued some of the longtime fans of the franchise. This bug plagued gamers who created custom Shepherds all the way back in the first game and carried him/her over to Mass Effect 3. Essentially, the custom face would not import, but everything else would. I got bit by it, and it kind of sucked, but I was able to create my Shepherd with the character editor, so I got over it.
This bug along with the others listed below will be addressed via a patch today (4/9) for PC users, and tomorrow (4/10) for Xbox 360 and PS3 users. Check out the details below. You’ve been wondering how many gamers will make a joke about this patch fixing the game’s endings…
Mass Effect 3 Patch Details
- Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard’s customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3
- Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers.
- Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state.
- Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game.
- Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep.
- Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen.
- Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level.
- Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC. (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not. (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when potentially the game could enter unresponsive state when transitioning from the Holding Docks area to the Normandy Docks area of the Citadel. (PS3 Only)
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”
Via [#ff gameinformer]