Bioware has put out an interview on their YouTube page that discusses the upcoming Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC content that will help expand upon the game’s controversial endings when it releases on June 26, 2012. I for one had no issues with the ending, but many gamers did, so in a move that I didn’t agree with, Bioware caved to the rabid outcries and went to work on some new content for the game’s endings.
As I mentioned the Extended Cut DLC will release on June 26th, and it will require you to reload your save from right before your assault on the Cerberus base to realize the full implications of this new content. Head on down past the break for the full FAQ on this content, as well as a 10-minute interview with the game’s care takers. You’ve been hoping this makes all of the haters happy…
Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut DLC FAQ
How much is the Extended Cut?
- The Extended Cut is available to download at no additional charge.
When does the Extended Cut release?
- The Extended Cut will release on June 26th on Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 in North America and July 4th for PlayStation 3 in Europe.
How large is the Extended Cut?
- The Extended Cut requires roughly 1.9 gigabytes of storage.
How do I get the Extended Cut?
- The Extended Cut can be downloaded from Xbox LIVE, Origin on PC, and PlayStation Network at no additional cost.
What is included in the Extended Cut?
- The Extended Cut expands on the endings of Mass Effect 3 through additional scenes and epilogue sequences. It provides more of the answers and closure that players have been asking for. It gives a sense of what the future holds as a result of the decisions made throughout the series. And it shows greater detail in the successes or failures based on how players achieved their endings.
Does the Extended Cut change the endings?
- The Extended Cut is an expansion of the original endings to Mass Effect 3. It does not fundamentally change the endings, but rather it expands on the meaning of the original endings, and reveals greater detail on the impact of player decisions.
What save game should I load to play the Extended Cut?
- [SPOILERS] To experience the Extended Cut, load a save game from before the attack on the Cerberus Base and play through to the end of the game. The Extended Cut endings will differ depending on choices made throughout the Mass Effect series, so multiple playthroughs with a variety of different decisions will be required to experience the variety of possibilities offered by the new content.
Where can I learn more about the Extended Cut?
- To learn more about the Extended Cut, please enjoy the Extended Cut interview podcast with Community Manager Jessica Merizan, Executive Producer Casey Hudson, and Lead Writer Mac Walters.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”