Meet The Artistic Looking Co-op Platformer ‘Degrees of Separation’
Modus Games and developer Moondrop have released an announcement trailer for Degrees of Separation, which is a new co-op platform releasing for multiple platforms this upcoming Valentine’s Day.
The game looks amazing in terms of its 2D art design, and it shares elements of Ori and the Blind Forest. Puzzles and platforming will flesh out most of the gameplay, which involves two unique characters from two very different worlds.
Who knows how much momentum this little game will get, but based on the reveal trailer above, I’m definitely interested in what it has to offer.
Degrees of Separation hits the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam and Xbox One on February 14, 2019.
About Degrees of Separation
Featuring dual protagonists named Ember and Rime, each with the power to manipulate heat or cold, players must learn to master their respective temperatures as these two unlikely individuals grow ever closer. Tackling themes of closeness and separation, explore a gorgeously realized non-linear world that encourages players to experiment and interact with the environment around them, making use of Ember and Rime’s polar opposite skill-sets, all while seeking a common goal.
While Ember may cause a nearby river to melt, Rime can freeze it over just as easily. Leveraging their unique talents and bringing together two opposing forces rests at the center of this atmospheric puzzle adventure that weaves together gameplay, narrative, and character development for a powerful emotional experience.
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and cooperative multiplayer to interact with the environment in a variety of ways, both separately and as a team.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”