‘Monster Boy’ Hands-On Preview – Perfect for All Ages!
Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous handdrawn animations. Can Jin save Monster World Kingdom? Help our young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more! You’ll also unlock special forms with unique skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and secret treasures await.
A legendary series returns with a grand new adventure! Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.
Some of the main features of Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom:
- Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish
- Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
- Hand Drawn animations:characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions
- Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa
- … and so much more!
Monster Boy was a joy to play! The animation and art style is adorable and incredibly vibrant. Once I played the 10-minute demo at E3 2018, I definitely wanted to play more. It’s overall just very satisfying and fun to play for people of any age and gaming level.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”