Monstrum Coming To Steam Early Access Early Next Year
Imagine you wake up on an abandoned ship, with an unfriendly monster on board with you. That is essentially the premise of Monstrum, a procedurally generated horror survival game where no ship you begin on is the same.
Team Junkfish, the developers behind Monstrum, have recently announced that the game will be hitting Steam Early Access after being successfully Greenlit. The Early Access release date is scheduled for the 29th January 2015, with a hopeful full launch in Q2 2015.
A list of the early access features are as follows:
- Two unique monsters, each with their own tracking methods and hunting styles
- Three potential escape routes, each with their own challenges to solve
- Four ship sections to navigate through
- A procedurally generated environment, no ship is ever the same.
- A variety of distractions, hiding places and tools to aid your survival
The full release version of the game is said to contain:
- Three monsters in total
- Five varied ship sections, with their own environmental traps and hazards
- Oculus Rift support
Team Junkfish are keen to release their game to the patiently waiting fans. However, they have stated that releasing on Early Access to avoid delays was a “truly difficult decision”, but are offering a discount to interested players.
Monstrum will be released on Steam Early Access on the 29th January 2015, with a discounted price of $14.99.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”