Dark Matter, a 2.5D survival platformer from Interwave and Iceberg Interactive, has officially been dated with a mid-October release. To celebrate the announcement a batch of new forboding screenshots have been released, which you can view after the break.
Dark Matter features Metroidvania style gameplay with a heavy focus on tactics. Players can choose to utilize the environment or their weapons to defend against the horrors that await them in deep space. The enemy AI is programmed to react to each player’s experience differntly, and the game’s non-linear design will surely offer hours of exploration and scavenging. For an official list of Dark Matter details and features, please head on down past the break.
Dark Matter will release in mid-October for PC, OS X, and Linux via Steam.
Dark Matter’s key features include:
- 14 levels set in a gritty tale of deep space survival
- Four weapons, each with four ammo types
- The ability to collect scrap and alien resources to craft tools and health packs
- Specialized weapon upgrades that enable players to develop their own combat techniques
- Complex enemy AI that reacts to player actions and tactics
- Non-linear exploration and storytelling
- Elemental ammo effects enabling gamers to freeze, dissolve, electrocute or set fire to their enemies
- Light and darkness are integral parts of gameplay, not just visual touches
- Uncompromisingly real-time light and shadow casting for spine-tingling moments of pure, darkness-fuelled terror
- Clean, hand-painted textures and custom-shading techniques are combined in a unique visual style
- Dynamic soundtrack that adapts to gameplay circumstances
- Steam Cloud support for save games
- SteamPlay, available for Windows, OSX and Linux
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”