There’s about 2.3 million Christmas songs, and chances are you’ve heard each one 2.3 million times. Not to say Christmas music is bad, but “Feliz Navidad” tends to get old rather quickly these days. Fortunately many bands have taken on the challenge of creating an original Christmas song, or at the very least, updating an old one. For example, The Killers have put out a new Christmas song every year since 2006 to raise money alongside the Product RED campaign. They get two songs on my list because they’re awesome. The list unquestionably kicks off with Ludacris because he loves Christmas.
10. Ludacris – Ludacrismas
9. Coldplay – Christmas Lights
8. Weezer – The Christmas Song
7. Emmy the Great & Tim Wheeler – Home for the Holidays
6. She & Him – Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree
5. The Killers – Don’t Shoot Me Santa
4. Saturday Night Live (song by Julian Casablancas) – Christmas Treat
3. Dropkick Murphys – The Season’s Upon Us
2. Jack Johnson – Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
1. The Killers – Joel, the Lump of Coal
Because it’s the holiday season, here’s a bonus clip of DMX rapping Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer. Happy Holidays!
“Making you a better geek, one day at a time!”