Hello Games has released a new trailer for No Man’s Sky to show off its upcoming multiplayer mode for the first time. This feature, plus other updates will be released next week with the No Man’s Sky NEXT update, which also coincides with the game launching on the Xbox One for the first time. You can see what the multiplayer mode looks like via the embedded video above.
Additional details on the NEXT update can be found below:
New Multiplayer Mode:
- Team up with a small group of friends to explore the universe together, or joined with random travellers online
- Help friends stay alive, or prey on others to survive
- Build shelter or complex colonies together to share with your team
- Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies
- Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online
Extensive Visual Overhaul:
- Play in third or first person, both on-foot and in ship
- Gaze on planetary rings and improved space visuals that make space more beautiful than ever
- Explore dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds that bring the environment to life
- Enjoy significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings
Unlimited Base Building:
- Build bases anywhere on any planet, with hundreds of new base parts added to the game
- Create bigger and better bases than ever before, with dramatically increased base building complexity and size limits
- Architect and own multiple bases
- Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter
- Send your fleet out to into the universe or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system
- Build a truly custom capital ship with improved freighter base building
- Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commision Station on your bridge
No Man’s Sky launches on Xbox One on Tuesday, July 24 in North America and Friday, July 27 in Europe. 505 Games will distribute the physical Xbox One version worldwide. For more information about No Man’s Sky and the upcoming NEXT update, please visit: https://www.nomanssky.com/.
Those interested in pre-ordering the game will get the below bonuses!
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”