Official New ‘Overload’ Release Date Trailer
Revival Productions announced that Overload, the new six-degree-of-freedom tunnel shooter from the original creators of the critically-acclaimed 90s classic Descent, will be available for PC (Windows, Mac, & Linux) beginning May 31, 2018 for $34.99. The PlayStation4 and Xbox One versions will release Q3 2018. Overload is an FPS that combines the best of classic 6-DOF gameplay found in Descent with the latest in today’s technology to provide intense 3D action.
“We started Overload as a nostalgic homage to Descent, but it’s really grown into something more. We were able to create a deep story with voice, a new challenge mode and add VR support. And all this is on top of graphics and sound we could only dream about 20 years ago, ” said Mike Kulas, co-creator, Revival Productions. Matt Toschlog added, “It’s been a blast creating this game, and we especially value the relationships we’ve formed with our Kickstarter backers and Early Access players.”
Overload is currently available in Early Access on Steam with a user rating of 97%!
- Single-player story campaign with 15+ FULL-SIZE atmospheric levels
- 12+ Challenge Mode levels with tons of replayability
- Multiplayer! This was originally planned as an add-on, but will now be available with the full release.
- Upgrade-able player ship and 16 weapons with multiple upgrade options
- 20+ terrifying robot types and 3 massive bosses
- Story by the writer of Freespace 2
- Epic soundtrack by Dan Wentz (Descent 2), Allister Brimble (Descent 1 Redbook), and Jerry Berlongieri (Descent 3)
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”