Orcs Must Die! Unchained has been updated with a bunch of content, but the standout addition is the new PvE Endless mode. This new mode pits you and four other players against an endless horde of AI enemies looking to take down your base. It’s very similar to the classic gameplay featured in the original Orcs Must Die!.
Full details on the new Endless mode can be found below:
- All players will spawn in, and will be given a short period of time to set up their initial trap box.
- Unchained Meter!
- This is a new mechanic. By getting combos (killing minions in conjunction with traps), your team fills the ‘Unchained Meter’. When this bar is full, you become UNCHAINED! Being Unchained increases your damage and reduces your cooldowns for a few seconds. It also gives you a bump of mana and health!
- Offense Heroes contribute more to the Unchained Meter, and will stay Unchained longer once it triggers!
- After a few waves, new War Camps will open, and send multiple lanes of enemies. Work together to fend off the hordes. The game is over if 25 Rift Points worth of minions make it into your Rift.
- If you die, you have the option to buy back in immediately with Coin earned in game!
- Leadership isn’t needed, so you won’t be earning any in this game mode.
- There are various special waves and sometimes bosses that will spawn.
- Your hero will level up to Battle Level 20, but the Weaver upgrades still stop at Level 8, just like in normal PvP.
- Endless is only available through matchmaking for right now, but party support will come later.
- Clearing Wave 12 in Endless Mode is considered a ‘win’ for Hero Victories!
- There is a leaderboard so you can see how your score compares!
New screenshots and a video have been released to show off this new mode, so head on down below to check them all out.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”