Planetside 2 GU13 Live: New Details and Guns Screenshots
SOE has released the 13th game update for Planetside 2, which among many things adds four new weapons to the game’s arsenal. The four new weapons can be seen below.
In addition to the new weapons GU13 will add the following new features and enhancements to the world of Auraxis:
Esamir Lattice and Facility Refresh:
The icy expanse known as Esamir has had a major facelift with virtually every facility and outpost modified and enhanced, with some being completely replaced. The goal with these changes is to enhance gameplay flow and help support the addition of the lattice connections on the continent. There are a lot of threads with screenshots floating around on the forums to check out, but I’d highly recommend (and humbly request) that if you can you spend some time on Public Test (Click for more info) Checking out the changes for yourself and providing some feedback. We could use all the help we can get finding bugs and areas in need of polish, so if you do hop on to Public Test please do make use of the report a bug feature – it really does help us out tremendously to have extra eyes on this kind of change.
- Platoon voice channel management, ability for platoon leaders to set platoon VOIP channel to only be used by squad leaders
- Platoon leader waypoints per squad, ability for platoon leaders to set individual squad waypoints for Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta squads.
- There is now a category for Squad spawn points, if you’re not in a squad this will allow you to auto-join a squad.
- We’ve added some more respawn options, these should allow you to respawn at more locations near where you died, previously by default you were able to spawn at the nearest outpost, large outpost and facility (in addition to local spawn points, squad spawn points and reinforcement requests), now you’ll be able to spawn at the nearest linked base (or adjacent base on non-lattice continents) in addition to the above, this should create some more consistently available fallback / reinforce positions.
- Chat window added to the respawn screen
- Retuning of the default and rotary nose guns
- When an enemy vehicle is destroyed via crashing, suicide or the player logging out the last player to damage the vehicle (within 10 seconds) will be awarded a kill credit.
- NS-7 PDW SMG: This SMG has a lower damage drop-off than all the other SMGs, allowing it to perform well at short and medium ranges. Its low recoil and very quick center speed (fastest in the class) allow those with good burst control to extend it’s range even further.
- NC LA3 Desperado Pistol: This 2x burst pistol has a fast burst but slower overall rate of fire. The fast burst mixed with moderate damage makes this pistol a solid choice at close range, though low accuracy will limit its effectiveness at range.
- TR TS2 Inquisitor: Equipped with an extended magazine by default, this pistol gives the TR a solid all-around option that has very high sustainability and damage output per magazine.
- VS Cerberus: High upfront damage mixed with an above average rate of fire for that damage class makes this pistol a good choice at close range. Low accuracy will limit the pistol‘s effectiveness at range.
Suit Slot tuning:
- The cert costs for the Ammo Belt cert line have been retuned.
- Advanced Shield Capacitor has been tuned to make shields recharge significantly faster.
Vanu weapon audio update:
Most VS infantry weapons have had their audio significantly updated to be more impactful and satisfying.
Source – PS2 forums
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”