Razer Announces New Kraken Gaming Headset for Xbox One
Razer has announced the availability of its new gaming headset for the Xbox One, which is called the Kraken.
The Kraken sports 40mm neodymium magnet drivers to offer clear tones at the mid and high ranges, as well as the deep bass tones. The ear pads feature plush circumaural padding that creates a tight seal around your ears to provide the best sound experience possible while gaming. The headset also has a unidirectional mic that can be folded up when not in use. A dongle will also come with the Kraken so it can be plugged into the Xbox One controller. The dongle looks to offer the same features as the official MS headset dongle that it began selling last year.
You can now buy the Kraken for $99.99 directly from Razer. The full set of features for the headset can be found after the break.
- Optimized weight for extended wear
- Closed ear cup design for maximum comfort
- Frequency response: 20 – 20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32 Ω at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1 V / Pa): 110 ± 4 dB at 1 kHz Max
- Input Power: 50 mW
- Drivers: 40 mm, with Neodymium magnets
- Frequency response: 100 – 10,000 Hz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 50 dB
- Sensitivity (@ 1 kHz, 1 V / Pa): -42 ± 3 dB
- Pick-up pattern: Unidirectional
Audio Control Unit features:
- Proprietary port for connection to the Xbox One Controller
- Dedicated volume control and mute button
- Individual controls for game and chat volume
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”