Razer has pulled the cover off of its latest gaming peripheral, the Firefly gaming mouse mat, which supports the company’s Chroma lighting technology to give gamers 16.8 million customizable color options to tinker with.
The Firefly has lighting alongside its right, left, and bottom borders, which can also be synced with other Razer products that support the Chroma lighting. No one ever said you can’t game with precision and style right?
The Razer Firefly will also be included in the Chroma SDK, so developers will be able to integrate the mat’s lighting system into their games if they so choose to. Additional product specs, as well as a few images of the Firefly can be found after the break. The mouse mat will retail for US: $59.99/EUR: 74.99€, and should be available worldwide this June.
- Micro-textured finish for balanced gameplay
- Optimized surface coating for highly responsive tracking
- Chroma customizable lighting
- Non-slip rubber base
- Razer Synapse enabled (for Chroma customizable lighting)
- Gold-plated, USB connector (to power the Chroma customizable lighting)
- Seven-foot, lightweight, braided fiber cable
- Approximate size: 355 mm / 13.98-in. (Length) x 255 mm / 10.04-in. (Width) x 4 mm / 0.16-in. (Height)
- Approximate weight: 380 g / 0.84 lbs
- PC or Mac with a free USB port
- Windows® 8 / Windows® 7 / Windows Vista® / Windows® XP (32-bit) / Mac OS X (v10.8-10.10)
- Internet connection
- 100MB of hard disk space
- Razer Synapse registration (requiring a valid e-mail), software download, license acceptance, and internet connection needed to activate full features of product and for software updates. After activation, full features are available in optional offline mode.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”