The very well reviewed SEGA Genesis Mini is now available to buy from most retailers, and based on its critiques, it sounds like a must own type of nostalgia-box. If you want to grab one, you can do so now through Amazon, or other major retailers.
About the SEGA Genesis Mini
SEGA Genesis Mini, By the Numbers:
- 42 games, handled by M2, one of the foremost developers in porting and emulation of classic video games, for just $79.99.
- The best-of-the-best from SEGA and our partners at Konami, Capcom, EA, Disney, Interplay, and The Tetris Company.
- For the first time on any miniature console, players will be able to enjoy games like Darius, Earthworm Jim, Alisia Dragoon, Monster World IV, Contra: Hard Corps, Castlevania: Bloodlines, Mega Man®: The Wily Wars, and many more!
- 55% the size of the original Model 1, accurate replica.
SEGA Genesis Mini FAQ:Q. When does it launch?A. September 19, 2019 – right now! Q. How many games will be included?A. 42 games. Q. Which games will be included?A. The full list of 42 titles included with the system are:
- Sonic The Hedgehog
- Ecco the Dolphin
- Castlevania: Bloodlines
- Space Harrier 2
- Shining Force
- Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
- ToeJam & Earl
- Comix Zone
- Altered Beast
- Gunstar Heroes
- Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
- World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
- Thunder Force III
- Super Fantasy Zone
- Shinobi III
- Streets of Rage 2
- Earthworm Jim
- Sonic The Hedgehog 2
- Contra: Hard Corps
- Mega Man®: The Wily Wars
- Street Fighter II’®: Special Champion Edition
- Ghouls ‘n Ghosts®
- Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
- Beyond Oasis
- Golden Axe
- Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
- Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
- Wonder Boy in Monster World
- Road Rash II
- Virtua Fighter 2
- Alisia Dragoon
- Kid Chameleon
- Monster World IV
- Eternal Champions
- Dynamite Headdy
- Light Crusader
Q. Which version of the Genesis is the Mini based on?
A. It’s based on the original Model 1 Genesis which launched in Oct. 1988 in Japan, Aug. 1989 in North America, and Nov. 1990 everywhere else.
Q. How big is it in comparison to the original console?
A. It’s approximately 55% of the original Model 1 size.
Q. What do you get in the box?
A. The Genesis Mini comes complete with 42 games, Two replica three-button USB Genesis controllers, One USB to Micro-B power cable, One power adapter (North America only), and One HDMI cable.
Q. Who handled the ports?
A. M2 is handling the porting process. They’ve previously worked on SEGA AGES and SEGA 3D Classics Collection, with a fantastic reputation based on the quality of their emulation projects and their faithfully recreated ports.
Q. Can I use original Genesis controllers with the Mini?
A. No, only the provided USB controllers or the Retro-Bit® SEGA Genesis 6-button controller.