Hi-Rez Studios has released a new SMITE developer diary today that details the build process involved in bringing the MOBA to the Xbox One.
SMITE is currently in its second season on the PC platform, but a closed alpha is planned for the Xbox One version on March 11, 2015. The game will be free-to-play on the Xbox One, so if you want to try to get in on the alpha you can register now. You can check out the new developer diary above, and details on SMITE’s offerings after the break.
SMITE on Xbox One
As the online Battleground of the Gods, featuring over 60 playable deities, SMITE includes a pantheon of cooperative and competitive game modes to play alone or with friends:
- Arena (5v5) – SMITE’s take on Team Deathmatch. Go online, or load up some bots for local or co-op play.
- Conquest (5v5) – Classic MOBA gameplay. Three lanes, minions, towers and a titan boss fight.
- Joust (1v1 to 3v3) – One-lane, head-to-head competition. Quick, brutal and fun.
- Siege (4v4) – Two-lane combat fueled by colossal siege monsters that either team can summon.
- Assault (5v5) – All Gods are picked randomly before duking it out in one giant lane of chaos.
There’s also the Match of the Day, which mixes the daily challenge up in fun and different ways, as well as practice, tutorial and co-op modes for those just getting started.
In addition, SMITE on Xbox One promises a refreshing take for existing hardcore fans, with high-end visuals and new control options that deliver comfort without sacrificing utility. Hi-Rez Studios will have a way for PC players to transfer their progress and purchases to Xbox Live. Those details will be shared in full as the game nears release.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”