Konami has announced that it will be releasing a free-to-play Star Wars title for iOS and Android devices on September 4, 2013.
Star Wars: Force Collection is a card-based battling game that features characters and vehicles from all six Star Wars films. Gamers will be charged with galavanting across the galaxy to complete quests, win battles, and collecting new power-up cards to help boost their stats. A few screenshots have been released for the mobile-centric title, which can be viewed after the break.
Star Wars: Force Collection will hit Google Play and iTunes App Store on September 4, 2013.
“Star Wars: Force Collection puts players in command of more than 230 heroes, villains, and vehicles from Star Wars Episodes I-VI. Players will cross the Star Wars™ galaxy completing quests, fighting battles, and collecting powerful cards and upgrades. As players progress, their actions will determine whether they join and fight on the light or dark side of the Force during global player events.”
- Build and upgrade unique decks with more than 230 characters from all six episodes of the Star Wars saga
- Collect blueprint pieces to construct powerful vehicles like X-Wings, AT-ATs, and TIE Fighters and support your forces in battle.
- Embark on quests across the Star Wars galaxy for experience, currency, and more powerful cards
- Choose to join the Jedi or the Sith through your in-game actions
- Participate in game-wide events that pit Jedi and Sith against each other on a massive scale to earn honor and ranks within your faction
- Experience the sound, music and scenes from the original Star Wars movies
- Connect with Facebook (optional) to easily match up with friends and battle with, or against, them