ASTRO has officially released its updated A50 Wireless Headset, which now comes with a base station for improved wireless connectivity and sound. I personally checked this headset out at E3 and found it to be amazing, so while the $300 price tag seems steep, you definitely get quality 7.1 surround sound out of the A50 Wireless + Base Station headset. Plus it’s fully wireless, which again is thanks to the base station’s 5Ghz low-latency connection technology.
You can check out the official details below. If you want to grab a pair and have the money to do so, you can order the Xbox One or the PS4/PC version today! You can also find more details or order the headsets directly through ASTRO’s site. If you’d like you can check out a trailer and a behind-the-scenes look at the headset below too.
- ASTRO Audio – Tuned for gaming by ASTRO’s team of gaming audio experts, ASTRO Audio delivers accurate audiophile-grade performance no matter the source.
- ASTRO Comfort and Quality – Engineered for extended gaming sessions, the ASTRO A50 is not only comfortable, but also durable, lightweight, and easily adjustable.
- Dolby® Headphone 7.1 Surround Sound – Get the drop on opponents with stunning 7.1 channel surround sound thanks to pinpoint spatial accuracy. Also provides an expansive digital audio experience from Dolby®-encoded movies, TV, and music content.
- Precision Boom Mic – A highly precise, noise-cancelling boom mic that’s optimized for Xbox One™, PlayStation® 4, PC, Mac®, and other voice communication. Flip-Up Mute functionality mutes voice output and conveniently stows the microphone when not in use.
- Battery Life and Auto Power – Play for extended periods with more than 15 hours of battery life. The new Auto On/Off conserves battery life when not in use and awakes from Sleep Mode once the unit is picked up.
- Powerful ASTRO Command Center Software – Adjust Noise Gate, Side Tone, and Mic Levels for crystal clear communication. Alter game volume, chat audio, mic, and AUX channels individually to generate custom audio mixes for streaming output. Future A50 Headset and Base Station firmware updates will also be accessible via the ASTRO Command Center software.
- Low-Latency 5GHz Wireless – The ASTRO A50 features 5GHz technology that provides secure wireless connectivity between the A50 Headset and ASTRO Base Station Transmitter. This helps eliminate interference from other wireless devices and keeps audio output in-sync with video sources.
- ASTRO Base Station Transmitter – The stylish new ASTRO Base Station features magnetic charging contacts for simple docking and charging. The ASTRO Base Station also provides automatic headset pairing and indication of battery status, and Dolby® Surround On/Off. Connectivity includes TOSLink (optical) pass-through, AUX input/output and USB for power and streaming on PC.
- Built-In MixAmp™ – Take complete control of your audio with ASTRO’s integrated MixAmp™ technology. ASTRO’s MixAmp allows adjustment of audio levels such as Master Volume and Game:Voice Balancing for the optimal mix.
- Custom EQ Modes – Three EQ modes presets are available. These include ASTRO (tuned with precise bass for general gaming), PRO (tuned for precise mid and high detail for streaming and pro gaming) and STUDIO (neutral for accuracy and best for movies and music). Users can create, customize, save, and share EQ profiles using ASTRO Command Center Software to suit any listening experience or environment.
- ASTRO A50 Mod Kit Compatible – Transform your ASTRO A50 Headset with the optional ASTRO A50 Mod Kit for improved comfort, style, and noise isolation. The A50 Mod Kit includes a synthetic leather headband and leather ear cushions that can be conveniently swapped with the original cushions and provide additional noise-cancellation and comfort.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”