Batman has been on top of the gaming world since Batman: Arkham Asylum and its follow up Arkham City were released to the masses. The tight gameplay and great writing earned the two titles serious praise and left players completely hooked. Riding the wave of amazing reviews is the newest Batman title, Batman: Arkham Origins, set seven years before the events of Asylum and City.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment recently released a fact sheet for Batman: Arkham Origins detailing some plot points for the upcoming Dark Knight adventure, as well as information about new gameplay features.
Check out the Arkham Origins factsheet,screenshot gallery, and trailer below.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Batman: Arkham Origins Factsheet:
- The Arkham Story Begins: Batman: Arkham Origins features an all-new single-player campaign written by Dooma Wendschuh and Corey May, with Geoff Johns consulting. Players become an early-career Batman as he encounters for the first time many of the super villains that shape his future.
- Enhanced Detective Mode: Batman’s detective skills are tested as never before with an all-new Crime Scene system that allows players to scrub through the evidence in order to find key pieces allowing them track clues that normal of information. Players use Batman’s cowl and Bat Computer to digitally recreate crime scenes, eyes would miss.
- Gotham City as Never Seen Before: Explore areas of Gotham City before its transformation into Arkham City, and experience all new areas and other iconic locations. The dynamic and rich environments are filled with a variety of enemies, “crimes-in-progress” and other content that will encourage exploration and player engagement.
- Most Wanted Side Missions: Hunt down villains who are connected to, but not part of the core story. It’s the player’s choice if and when they want to complete these threads.
- New Enemies: Encounter new enemies such as the Armored Enforcer and Martial Artist who challenge fans to approach FreeFlow Combat in different ways.
- New Gadget: Utilize an arsenal of familiar gadgets from previous Batman: Arkham games, as well as new items such as the Remote Claw. Batman can take down enemies by using the Remote Claw to attach enemies to one another or to objects within the environment for quick takedowns. New and Familiar Characters: Encounter a full cast of iconic DC Comics characters including Black Mask, Penguin, Deathstroke, Bane, Anarky, Captain Gordon, The Joker and others.
Batman: Arkham Origins E3 Screenshots:
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”