After spending an ever-so long time in Early Access, The Red Solstice will finally be ready for everyone to play. This tactical, squad-based survival game is brought to you by Ironward, and fits up to 8 players.
The Red Solstice takes place on Mars, and allows players to either roam the land or complete randomized objectives. The game is launching with a full campaign, UI improvement, tutorials, a tactical mode, skirmish mode, and so much more. If this isn’t enough to grab your attention, did I mention that it’s also 20% off? Oh, and that sale lasts all week, ladies and gents.
The single-player experience features story-driven missions, as well as the ability to build/lead your own squad of marines. On the other hand, there’s the multiplayer aspect. Red Solstice’s multiplayer allows up to 8 players, and offers 6 maps for players to explore. There are a total of 25 ranks to achieve, as well as the chance to unlock different classes and abilities.
Do you like comics? Of course you do, you’re a nerd like all of us here. Well, the Red Solstice has its very own comic which acts as a prelude to the single-player campaign.
Some other features include:
- Take the Lead: Issue commands and set waypoints and objectives for your friends as you outsmart and outgun your way through the derelict domiciles of Tharsis.
- Play Your Way, Together: With support for 8-player co-op, play as one of 8 distinct, customizable classes, each with unique abilities and traits.
- Odd Jobs: Tackle an onslaught of randomly generated events with just one hour to make your mark. From zone defense to supply retrieval, you’re never short of enemies to kill and objectives to complete.
- Earn and Learn: Kill to earn experience points and unlock new abilities and classes. Heal allies, deploy turrets, launch grenades, set traps and much, much more.
- Tactical Single-Player: Play on your own and lead a squad through a satisfying single-player campaign, and lead your squad through a wide variety of levels using The Red Solstice’s Tactical Mode, which lets you issue commands while slowing down the action.
- Game NOT Over, Man: Killing ain’t easy. Drive back untold Martian horrors in multiple modes, maps and difficulties and get stronger every time. Even if you perish.
“Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”