No great action movie is complete without a spectacular car crash of some sort. High-speed car chases ending in chaos and explosions can be some of the most exciting moments on film. Here are our picks for the top 10 car crash scenes of all time in movies. Warning: spoilers ahead.
1. Knowing (2007) – This car crash is very jarring because it comes out of nowhere. One minute, Diana’s driving down the road, the next, a truck has smashed into her and she’s dead.
2. Final Destination 2 (2003) – This car accident is as over-the-top as all the movies in the series are. A motorcycle, a semi and an SUV all colliding on an interstate makes for some great film action.
3. Meet Joe Black (1999) – Another shocking out-of-nowhere car crash. Brad Pitt and Claire Forlani have just met, when Pitt is suddenly taken very much out of the picture as two cars both crash into him.
4. The Blues Brothers (1980) – Half the fun of car chase scenes is watching cars drive through buildings in an attempt to escape. In The Blues Brothers, it’s a toy store in a mall.
5. Talladega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby (2006) – It’s hard to pick just one great crash from this racing movie, but the one at the end with the Wonder Bread car involves the most vehicles.
6. The Matrix Reloaded (2003) – After a phenomenal fight scene on top of moving vehicles, it was time to wrap it up with a good crash. What could be better than two semis crashing into each other?
7. Vanilla Sky (2001) – Crazed Cameron Diaz drives herself and Tom Cruise off an overpass in a suicide attempt. This dramatic car crash not only looks great, but it serves to further the rest of the movie’s action.
8. Adaptation (2002) – This is another one of those great out-of-nowhere car scenes, during the movie’s action-packed climax. This time it’s filmed from inside the car, so it’s almost like experiencing it for yourself.
9. American Werewolf in London (1981) – The car crashes are played for comedy here. In response to a werewolf suddenly invading the street, there’s a whole series of outrageous car crashes, each one bigger than the last.
10. Duel (1971) – Stephen Spielberg’s no stranger to action movies, but his first was a made-for-television flick that ends in a spectacular crash between the dueling car and truck where both vehicles go flying off a cliff.
Author Bio: Hayley is a blogger and car enthusiast. She recommends online tires at SimpleTire.com for the best prices on premium tires. She also recommends edmunds.com for car reviews, tips and advice and more car related news.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”