The year 2011 saw many great strides for EntertainmentBuddha.com. Without a doubt this has been the best year as far as growth goes for this little project, and 2011 brought many great changes to this site that will change it forever. I looked back at the site’s Google Analytics, which is a program that records statistics about a website’s traffic to see which posts were the most successful in 2011. I also personally chose 5 posts that meant the most to me for various reasons. I’ve listed both the Top 5 posts according to hits, as well as my personal favorites below for your reading pleasure. Once again I want to thank you for all of your support, because without you the reader, we’d be nothing! All I can ask for in 2012 is more love to keep this project going, and hopefully some more milestones can be achieved because of it. One love! You’ve been the best, keep it up…
Top 5 Posts of 2011 According to the Users
5. New HD Green Lantern Trailer – Interestingly Geeky: Nothing special about this one, but Google kept serving it up to users searching for Green Lantern knowledge. It saw most of its growth during the release of the film on Blu-ray. Not sure why, but the Internet is a magical place, so strange things happen.
4. Dead Space 2 Hardcore Playthrough Strategy and Tips: This is a “how-to” post for a great little video game called Dead Space 2. I took some tips from one of my most serious achievement hunting friends, Bane of Fenris, and posted them for other gamers to use while trying for one of the harder achievements in the game. Google liked the post and served it up generously for gamers to see.
3. Dead Island Getting Official iOS App for Completionists: An official map app was created for the game Dead Island, and I wrote about it. For some reason it took off like wild fire. I’m guessing most users who found the article were looking for a free map to use for the game, but I’ll take the hits regardless.
2. Captain America Post Credits Scene is the Teaser Trailer for The Avengers: This post blew the f*ck up after Captain America was first released, because everyone wanted to get a look at the post credit scene of the film. This sucker garnered hits for a good part of the Summer, and ended up being one of the more successful posts of the year.
1. YouTube Fun at the Expense of Asian Dad: For the life of me I still can’t figure out why this post is so popular. I seem to have cornered the Asian keyword market with this video, and strangely enough it has led to other opportunities for the site. If it’s this site’s destiny to be a hub for the Asian culture then so be it. I’ll take the niche and run with it. It’s posts like this that show you how much of a crap shoot it is to write articles on the Internet. Never would I have expected this thing to blow up like it did, but it is what it is, and hits are hits. This is the most viewed post on EB for 2011 regardless of its content, so I appreciate it.
Top 5 Posts of 2011 According to the Editor in Chief
(All posts created in 2011)
5. Best Fan Made Star Wars Movie EVER-’Next Star Wars’ NSFW: This is still one of the funniest parodies I’ve seen in my life. To normal people this fan film is pure nonsense, but to those who still enjoy 3rd grade humor it’s a masterpiece. I had many belly laughs while watching this bit over and over, and it still holds up today. I couldn’t help but include it in my favorite posts of the year, so it’s once again here in all its glory!
4. Action Factory Stunt Team Featured in Newest Freddie Wong Short!: I appreciate this post because it’s about the very first big time collaboration between my friends of Action Factory, and the VFX wizard of YouTube, Freddie Wong. I would like to take partial credit for their partnership, which at this point has paid off in spades for the AF team, because I was the power that first introduced the Action Factory guys to Freddie’s work. It’s a stretch, but I know Hank the Gank would tell you the same thing. Their talents secured the deal with Wong, but it was the EB that brought them together!
3. Does Crysis 2 on the Xbox 360 Look Blurry, or Am I Going Mad Review?: This post caused all sorts of fanboyism to erupt, so that’s why it took the 3 spot. Anytime you can garner a reaction from the gaming community is a bonus, and this post definitely paid off. I think it ended up getting 60+ comments, some of them as long as the post itself, so it was very successful. When I write something that sparks a nerve with gamers I know I’ve done my job, so that’s why this post my my favorites list.
2. Review: Mortal Kombat “9″ is a Fanboy’s Dream Come True: This post is special because it found its way to the pages of N4G, which is a gaming news site that allows users to nominate posts they find on the Internet for others to view. I was flattered to have it put on the site, and it made me feel like my street cred was increasing. Now I just need a few more posts to pop up on that site, so I’ll do my best to motivate you to do so in 2012.
1. Seesmic for Android is the Best Social Networking Client Available: This post took the number 1 spot on my list, because it marked the first time in EB history that the site reached over 12oo hits in one day. That may not sound like much, but it’s hard as hell to get views, so when a post goes viral I know that I’ve done something right. It actually got picked up by Seesmic, which is the company that developed the app that I wrote about. From there it went global, and I actually got a quote from the post put on the company website at Seesmic. Basically, this post put EB on the next level and our traffic steadily grew after it was released. I view it as the first time EB was picked up by a legit company, and it validated why I created this site in the first place. If I could have 10 more posts like this one I truly think I could start making a living off of this project, but it’s just not that easy. The success of this post is what keeps me writing each and every day, so I hope I can produce another one like it in 2012.
[#ff entbuddha] “Making you a better geek, one post at a time!”